Why use Stillwell Ford?
Stillwell Ford installers are highly trained in every aspect of LPG conversion. The equipment used by Stillwell Ford is of the highest quality. The systems we fit are the latest technology, utilising liquid injection which provides a more accurate delivery of gas, eliminates backfires, delivers better performance and decreases emission output.
1. A steel LPG storage tank is installed, usually in the boot but it can go under the floor in vehicles with enough clearance (e.g.; four wheel drives). The tank will be fitted with an automatic fill limiter (AFL) which ensures you cannot fill your tank past the safe limit of 80%. This is necessary as LPG requires room to expand with temperature changes.
2. A converter/regulator is added. This converts the liquid gas into gaseous vapour, as well as regulating the process.
3. A special air/fuel mixer is installed to ensure the correct amounts of LPG and air are mixed together during combustion. More advanced systems may incorporate LPG injection rather than a simple mixer. Such systems provide more precise control of the gas flow but are more complex and expensive to fit.
4. A fuel lock is fitted that lets fuel flow when the engine is running but shuts off the fuel supply as soon as the engine stops.
5. If the vehicle is post - 1986 it must be fitted with an LPG Fuel Control Processor.